Let's do this! Here's how to write a 500 word blog post in 5 minutes or less.
Here's what you need:
- On a piece of paper, write out in point form what you want to talk about.
- Open a blank document in whichever word processor you like to use.
- Make sure you have a mic connected to your computer. If you have a laptop, it should be built in.
- Enable Dictation
- For Windows, hold the Windows Logo button on your keyboard and hit H at the same time (this is for Windows 10). This will open the dictation tool.
- For Mac, Edit > Start Dictation. or use the default shortcut which is Fn Fn (press the Fn key twice). You might need to enable dictation first if it's not enabled.
- Start talking and say things like "new paragraph" when you are moving on to a new topic. This helps keep the content somewhat organized.
- Go through all your points and make sure to speak clearly.
Boom! You can easily bang out 500 words in just a few minutes using the dictation tool on a computer. The more you use it, the easier it gets and the better the computer can recognise your voice.
Note: For both Mac and Windows PC's You need an internet connection for the dictation to work.
How to make it better:
- Buy a good mic that has a pop screen or wind filter so that all that is going into your computer is your voice. This can be a huge improvement to the speech recognition.
- Practice what you are going to say first and then have the dictation tool convert what you say the second time. This might double your time to get it all into your word processor, but it will also drastically reduce your editing time after the post is written.
- Build up 4 or 5 topics worth of stuff and dictate it all at once to get more done. Then send the dictation to an editor on Fiverr.com to clean it all up and make sure it makes sense. Then it will be ready to cut and paste those 4 or 5 articles into some blog posts for your website.
- Follow the formula for search engine optimizing the content. This will dramatically help how it influences your site and how it shows up in search results.